He has joined rocking indie band Urban Canals under the Artist Spotlight as BrantfordBands continues to shine the light on local musicians.
Category Archives: Music
Get ready for a Musical Motivational Story!
Find out how one woman’s crusade to a healthier lifestyle inspired a community and transformed her personal journey into a self empowerment revolution.
Starring Joan Minnery the Inpirational Powerhouse!
She’ll be taking the stage by storm with her friends and fellow artists to get you moving, grooving and hopefully making positive changes in your life!
Joan Minnery original “Walking My Way Back to Me”
video courtesy of Joan Minnery
The Relay for Mental Health Awareness proudly presents this All Ages show
at the Sanderson Centre for the Performing Arts on Friday, September 29th at 7pm.
Tickets are only $20 and are available by phone
(local 519-758-8090 or toll free 1-800-265-0710)
or through the Sanderson Centre website.
Joan Minnery is a one woman force of inspiration.
She is a genuine go-getter with an indomitable spark plug of contagious effervescence. The pint-sized energizer bunny is a beacon of energy as she instructs her fitness classes and entertains crowds all over North America.
Joan wears many hats as a Mother, Music Educator, Motivational Speaker, Zumba Instructor, Professional Entertainer, Dance Teacher, Weight Management Consultant, Drama Coach and Health Journalist.
Joan is also the author of WALKING MY WAY BACK TO ME, her personal transformation autobiography.
|Who?||Joan Minnery, Alicia Skoretz, Christina Harper
The Waistliners Dance Team, Claire Collins, Ashley Leblanc
Morgan Whitcroft, Victoria McCulloch, SIVLE
|Where?||Sanderson Centre for the Performing Arts|
|Date?||Friday, September 29th|
|Time?||7:00pm – 10:00pm
|Age limit?||All Ages|
#brantfordrocks #supportlocalmusic #motivation #mentalhealth #inspiration
Not just an excuse to over imbibe, St. Paddy’s day is also an awesome excuse to get out and enjoy some great local music!
We’d love you to share your weekend plans, or to hear from you on Sunday while you recover from the fun: Comment below or head to the BrantfordBands facebook page to post your (fuzzy) memories and photos!
Colby’s Billiards is looking for an act to keep the Irish eyes a’ smiling this St. Patrick’s Day.
Musicians, especially those of the ol’ Irish persuasion,
are asked to send a small demonstration of their prowess
to Colby’s Billiards via email or give them a call (519) 756-8813
from Colby’s Billiards:
Looking for St Paddy’s Day Entertainment
Thursday, March 17th 2016 from about noon to 3pm.
Musical/comedy acoustic preferred.
Performing for 40-60’s age target group.
Please Contact if interested and send a small demo
|Who?||Irish Entertainers Needed|
|Date?||Thursday, March 17th|
|Time?||Mid-day (approx. 12-3pm)|
#brantfordrocks #supportlocalmusic #irishrock
World Series [metal / progressive / rock]
to the ever-growing Artist Spotlight at BrantfordBands!
to the ever-growing Artist Spotlight at BrantfordBands!
Eric Mills, Big Shiny Two, Heckle the Band and Knee Deep are under the Spotlight at BrantfordBands.com
- Guitarist / singer Eric Mills
- Rock duo Big Shiny Two
- Alt-rock trio Heckle the Band
- Alternative rock band Knee Deep
to the ever-growing Artist Spotlight at BrantfordBands!
Get out and enjoy the spring weather to the tune of some awesome local rock!
Always something great happening here in Brantford,
hope you’re all ready for a fantastic weekend!
- Mike Dowson @ Arlington Hotel – April 17 - Playing the greatest hits and forgotten gems, Mike Dowson will be giving another great live performance down at the Arlington Hotel. from facebook: Playing the finest in Retro, Post Retro, and Meta Retro by artists including: Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, The Dandy Warhols, Cat Stevens, Bruce Springstein, Neil Diamond, Neil Young, OKGo, The Flaming Lips. […]
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day from BrantfordBands! - Not just an excuse to over imbibe, St. Paddy’s day is also an awesome excuse to get out and enjoy some great local music! We’d love you to share your weekend plans, or to hear from you on Sunday while you recover from the fun: Comment below or head to the BrantfordBands facebook page to […]
- Bethany Schultz @ the Station – April 17 - There will be a going away party for Bethany Shultz (of Bethany & Mikie) as she is about to leave Brantford to serve our country proud. See Bethany (possibly with Mikee) live at the Station for one last show. from facebook: As you may or may not have heard, I’ve joined the military! I am […]
- Evan Champagne @ Brantford Casino – April 17 @ 8pm
- Klawz @ Brando’s on Market – April 17 @ 8:30pm
- Hairy Mulligan @ the Liquid Lounge – April 17 @ 9pm
- Hank Gets Dusted @ Therapy Lounge – April 17 @ 9pm
- Innersha @ the Tub – April 17 @ 10pm
- Thee Empty Hours @ Norfolk Tavern (Port Dover) – April 17 @ 10pm
It’s Saturday, it’s finally spring,
where will you be on this fantastic day?
Lots of live music starting this afternoon,
and going all night!
- Thee Empty Hours @ McGonagall’s – April 11 - Brantford’s own Thee Empty Hours are bringing their unique blend of tranquil harmonies and driving rock force to Norfolk Tavern in Port Dover. from reverbnation.com: Thee Empty Hours are an explosive three-piece band that have been consistently pleasing audiences around Southern Ontario for the last 6 years. Combining energy and talent with a dash of […]
- The Elmo Combo @ Brantford Casino – April 11 - A whirlwind of Homegrown, Roots Rock, Funky jams, and Reggae grooves, the Elmo Combo always put on an excellent show. From Brantford (and the Norfolk area), the Elmo Combo (who have recently made another TV appearance, this time on CHCH morning live), are back in town to play for us hometown folks. from elmocombo.com by […]
- Michael Maguire @ Brantford Music Centre – April 11 - A truly innovative guitar player, Michael Maguire has spent years studying his craft. Studying with the greatest in his never-ending pursuit of music, Mr. Maguire has developed a beautifully unique style which he presents with his beautiful custom guitar and wonderful voice. Taking jazz standards and familiar tunes and playing them in his own style, […]
- Mctease @ Therapy Lounge – April 11 - Trevor and Mick are bringing their frantically fun band Mctease down to Therapy Lounge! Mctease don’t take themselves too seriously, but they do seriously rock! Playing their instruments like men possessed, their passion pours through with each note. Let them draw you in to their musical good times! from brantfordbands.com: Trevor Cobb is a welcoming […]
- Knee Deep @ Manny’s Place – April 11 - Brantford band Knee Deep were born from a love of the 90’s Alternative Rock and a general passion for rock and roll. Knee Deep rocks across Southern Ontario, bringing the crowds alive whenever they take the stage. Playing the greatest from the 90’s as well as modern jams, they’ll be jamming out some new tunes […]
- HarD-KnockeD 4 “SchoolS-OuT” @ Arts Block – April 11 - ChemicalB presents some of southern Ontario’s best DJs blowing the roof off of the Brantford Arts Block! The Hard Knocked crew have reunited after more than a decade, to bring some deep bass and danceable electronic beats to Brantford. from brantfordartsblock.ca: Lights Projections 19+bar And of course some of southern Ontario’s best djs Featuring Nebula […]
- Bill Durst w/ Joel Guenther @ Liquid Lounge – April 11 at 3:30pm
- Monkley Cascase @ Liquid Lounge – April 11 at 10pm
Another great weekend of live music right here in Brantford!
Whether you’re looking for rock, folk, country, blues or anything else;
there’s always something awesome going on here in town!
- The Tryst @ Therapy Lounge – April 10 - The Tryst aren’t just a “chick band” They’re a kick-a** all-girl band from Brantford who’ll rock you to your core! These ladies have spent years mastering your favorites, complete with flute solos! Check them out live to see what everyone’s been raving about. from facebook.com: We are musicians with a professional demeanour, and a good […]
- Squeeler @ the Liquid Lounge – April 10 - For those about to rock We salute you! Squeeler is one of the greatest AC/DC tribute bands in Canada, these guys bring all the heavy rock and high energy that you’d expect to see at an AC/DC concert. Hailing from Brantford, Squeeler has been rocking crowds for years, bringing the spirit of AC/DC along with […]
- Ruby’s Revenge @ Eagle’s Nest – April 10 - Local Alternative Rock Theatre (A.R.T) rockers Ruby’s Revenge are unveiling their brand-new EP! After a lot of work and a successful kick-starter campaign, the fruits of their love of music has manifested itself and it is Kinetic! Showcasing the unique spirit that is Ruby’s Revenge, head down to the Eagles Nest and scoop up your […]
- Rich and the Poor Boys @ Warmington’s – April 10 - Local Niagara Falls legend Rockin’ Rich has been kickin’ out the blues since the 70’s. His awesome harmonica skills, unique vocals and dynamic stage presence are a wonder to behold. Rich and the Poor Boys continue to wow audiences across Canada. This Friday catch them live right here in Brantford! from richandthepoorboys.com: When you see […]
- BarSlap @ Buck’s – April 10 - Covering a wide variety of rock & roll from recent hits to legendary classics, Barslap, out of Hamilton / Burlington, have spent years bringing crowds to their feet. On Friday they bring the rock to Brantford! from barslap.ca: Barslap is a hard working, local band that thrives on playing the music you would love to […]
- the Delta Shakers @ Brando’s on Market – April 10 @ 8:30pm
- Logan Staats @ Arlington Hotel (Paris) – April 10 @ 6pm
- Man Crush @ the Tub – April 10 @ 10pm
Check it out to learn more about NMEdj and experience his musical flavour.He has joined rocking indie band Urban Canals and soulful roots/folk man Benjamin Rogers under the Artist Spotlight on BrantfordBands.
It’s Saturday night, where will you be?
Today’s listings brought to you by the letters R – O – C – K
What you got? Brantford!
And whatcha going to do? Brantford you!
- Ellora Jones, James Gordon & Ian Reid @ Polish Hall – March 28 – Wish Marc Laferriere a happy birthday while enjoying some fantastic music! Marc’s Birthday Bash Fundraiser is going down at the Brantford Polish Hall, and he’s got some great entertainment lined up to make the night rock. From Brantford band Terra Cotta, Ellora Jones […]
- Handsome Dan @ Zander’s Fire Grill & Brew Lounge – March 28 @ 10pm
- Back to the Future part II @ club Sagittarius – March 28 – Fresh Promo presents Super Fresh Sound, King Sonic International Sound, Temperature Rising, Super Mix Sound and the Saggitarius Sound Crew. Spinning the best of old school alongside the greatest new Dancehall, Hip Hop, Reggae, R&B & Top 40 […]
- Shampoo @ the Ring – March 28 – Four killer DJs spinning Dancehall, Hip Hop, Soca, Soul, Reggae, Old School, Anything that makes you move! Dj Sheldon, Extreme Sound Crew out of Kitchener, Hamilton’s Dj Verse One & Toronto’s Calum Beam International will […]
Where are you going tonight?
No plans yet? Check out what’s happening today in Brantford music scene!
A special shot-out to Dan Taylor & Nikole Taylor from Waking Life / Less Than Three. It was great to sit down with you both!
Watch BrantfordBands.com for the upcoming artist spotlight on Waking Life & Less Than Three!
- Dirty Pioneers @ Liquid Lounge – March 27 – One of Burlington’s best cover bands is heading to Brantford, bringing with them a wide range of songs from every genre and age. The Dirty Pioneers love playing a lot of varied music. Chances are if you love it, they know how to play it. […]
- Brantford Open Stage @ Best Western – March 27 – Best Western plus Brant Park Inn is once again hosting the Brantford Open Stage, a fun & folksy open jam for local musicians. from brantfordopenstage.org: We are oriented to folk and acoustically-based music in general. The emphasis is on encouraging live performance. We are an open mic forum for performers, both accomplished and developing, […]
- Dj Piper, Dj Liz & Dj Merci @ Therapy Lounge – March 27 – Three Canadian DJs are about to tear the roof off of Therapy Lounge! DJ Piper P is bringing the EDM & club hits while DJ Liz & DJ Merci take care of the hip hop & reggae. […]
Happy Tuesday Brantford!
Today’s a great day to go join in on an open jam,
catch some very skilful violin playing,
enjoy dinner and a live show,
and share some of the upcoming events posted on BrantfordBands.com.
*wink wink* *nudge nudge* Say no more, say..no…more.
Share us on facebook, twitter, via email,
we don’t care as long as you share!
A warm thank you to all of you who have already been supporting BrantfordBands.com by liking and sharing our posts!
You make the Brantford scene rock!
- Austin Pigott @ Zander’s – March 24 – Folk-rock singer-songwriter Austin Pigott will be entertaining down at Zander’s Fire Grill & Brew Lounge on Tuesday night. from stgeorgeapplefest.com: Austin Pigott is a talented, singer-song-writer from right here in St. George […]
Enjoy the spring weather while it lasts! Looks like old man winter will be getting in one last kick starting Sunday, so don’t pack those parkas away yet.
Go out and take advantage of the brief preview of patio season today
while checking out some great local bands!
Follow BrantfordBands for the latest Brant music news and events!
Thank the Rock Gods it’s Friday!
Spring has finally come to dethrone the icy ba**ard known as Jack Frost, thawing our hearts and minds.
The streets are littered with people, and more than a little frozen trash.
The BBQs are a-quiver in anticipation for some heavy grilling.
Most importantly, the bands of Brantford are at the ready with great Brantford music to make this weekend rock!
Local music #tbt
Many thought the music scene would never recover when we lost the ford plant. While it may be true that it can never be the same, in the last decade Brantford has continued to grow into an epicentre of awesome music. Lots of great venues showcase weekly (and sometimes daily!) live music, and now it looks like we’ll finally be getting our own festival (wtfest what!what!)
Comment below and let us know what you miss about the old scene, and what you love about the Brantford music scene today!
Before we get to the music, just want to take a moment to remember Quiet Riot-er and Ozzy Ozborne shredder; rock god Randy Rhoads. March 19th, 1982 we lost a rock great. His music continues to resonate over 30 years later.
from Randy Rhoads Society:
Wonderful photo from ‘The Rhoads Family Archives’
Along with a message from Kathy & Kelle
Please be Respectful by Keeping the Watermark VISIBLE & INTACT
“Three decades after Randy’s passing; it’s interesting to try and speculate what he would think of the attention he continues to receive. With two records of internationally acclaimed musicians “Immortal Randy Rhoads” and “Randy Rhoads Remembered”, and a North American tour planned for summer 2015; he remains in the public consciousness.
Then, there are the legions of his fans that continue to sing his praises and influence future fans and guitar players. This level of fame and accomplishment is not something you can plan on, it happens to a very precious few. Maybe if he was around today, he wouldn’t think about his situation too much. Instead, he would do what he always did. He would just play his guitar.
We are happy to share a picture of Randy that has never before seen. It is truly amazing to think that he is so truly beloved after all these years! Amazing that 33 years later, so many still are so incredibly smitten by his music, and his “sweet, kind soul!” God bless! And long live the LEGEND!!
Kathy Dargenzio-Rhoads and Kelle Rhoads”